Monday, September 12, 2011

DO RE MI FA SO LA TI DOOOO!!!!

So let’s talk about choir. I am having A LOT of fun with it when I’m not sick (I went when I was feverish because if you miss too many, you get kicked out… they’re REALLY strict!) We sing in Setswana all the time which is really hard but is actually helping me in Setswana class a bit! :D And the conductor’s assistant is going to start writing out the songs for me and Martha (the other international student in the choir) that don’t include music), so that will make things a lot easier!

On the other hand, choir here is MUCH more intense than in the states! At least once a week, we spend the entire time doing intense workouts and running because they believe being fit makes you a better chorister. It actually may be true for things like breath support and stamina, but that doesn’t actually MEAN that I WANT to do intense work outs! LOL! I even had to go buy work out pants at this little Asian store (cheapest place to buy clothes!) because I didn’t have any proper clothes for choir… work outs. They say “Chelsea Football Club” down the side, but they were only 30 Pula and they fit well enough. Though I think they are guys’ pants. However, during the workout the coach let the girls do “girly” push-ups… which was interesting and nothing I have ever been allowed to do in practice due to all girls’ schools not believing in “girly” exercises. The others were very amused by my partial indignation at the slight to my… well… womanliness?

Also, choir is OFFICIALLY Tues, Thurs, Sun from 6-7 (5-7 on Sundays)… however, last week we had choir Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, AND Thursday! Apparently choir is practically every day instead of just three times a week. ALTHOUGH, that may be due more to the fact that we have a CONCERT coming up on Friday! Wish me luck! I will try to put up a video of it this weekend. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment